FOREIGN Minister Marcos Kyprianou has said he intends to resign over last week’s explosion at a naval base that killed 13 people.
He made the statement at parliament following the first of a series of hearings held by the House Defence Committee investigating the blast at the Evangelos Florakis base.
Kyprianou told reporters that he would ask President Demetris Christofias to accept his resignation “not because there is a sense of guilt, but for reasons of political sensitivity.”
Also attending the committee were ex-Defence Minister Costas Papacostas and ex-National Guard chief General Petros Tsalikides. Both stepped down last Monday within hours of the incident.Read More